Favourite iPhones and iPads

Agree. Larger screen real estate for more tv watching. :smiley:

I’m waiting for the iPad Pro to be shrunk down into the iPad Air 3 - late next year will be the time to finally replace what will be my 4.5 year old iPad 2 and I’d like to get something that will last just as long :slight_smile:

Favourite iPad is hands down the current Air2 with 128GB. I also had the first gen and the 3 and liked them well enough at the time. I expect that the pro will replace the Air2 and my Macbook.

Favourite iPhone… 3GS. Its funny, I had no qualms at all about spending $1049 on that 32GB model at the time, but here I am baulking at the 6s/+ Oh well, the difference between having a job and being on a pension. I’ve had the first iPhone, a bloke in Sydney imported a bunch of them. it was only the 8GB but you know, its still going strong and its battery is in better shape than my 3GS (which is a replacement from Apple). ON the matter of the 3GS… if it had a bit more juice and a retina screen I would have used it as my main phone for longer than I did, but, that said, I did keep using it for 3 years, with a short flirtation with a 4 in the middle. Then I had a 4S and now a 5S. I liked the 3GS because of its curved back case. Smooth, easy in the hand. I dont like the edges of the phones I’ve had since then, no matter how good they may look. Hoping the 6 series will be just as comfy as the 3GS was.

I like my iPhone 6 but I’d still be happy with the 5. In terms of user experience the biggest jump was from a succession of disappointing nokias combined with Palm Pilots (remember those?!) to the 3G. And I agree with @kyte there was something pleasing about the feel of the 3G.

The mini is the best iPad form factor for me. My original mini is getting a bit long in the tooth and slow but not enough to replace it yet.

8 posts were split to a new topic: PDA Nostalgia

iPhone 2G had the best hand hold ability. It’s was a gorgeous ergonomic triumph to use. iOS 1.1.4 was beautifully quick.

iPad Air 2 128GB is current favorite. Light, powerful and holds all my pictures.

As far as favourite iPhones go, in terms of design I loved the 3GS the most (so nice to hold!) but in terms of functionality, the 5S is my favourite. I recently went back from a 6S to a 5S because the form factor is so much better IMHO. :smile:

I’ve never really been that into iPads. I like the design of the original, but love how much the Air2 is the ultimate realisation of the original vision.

1 Like