How long to go green?

I couldn’t get it to work on my iPad after clearing the cookies, restarting the device and restarting my router. Worked first time on my laptop though…

Perhaps its a problem with the browser on your iPad.

ACT claiming 100% renewables- though not really… (but - better than most states!)

1 Like

I just really can’t understand, in light of every little bit of knowledge we have at our fingertips in this day and age, the mentality that sees fossil fuel energy creation continue to undergo any kind of continuation - ie new plants.

I can understand in 3rd world countries, where more resources (may?) be needed to establish renewables… but not in 1st world countries like ours.

1 Like

It’s quite simple really, neoliberals rely upon the ignorance of the masses and then they rely on the belief of the fallible that they can ever come from nothing and be part of the 1% of society barring some small miracle and those small miracles come from people who have the desperation to go balls to the wall and risk failure to start their own business. It will never come as a generality from someone who earns a wage for 40-50years and yet these people who aren’t willing to risk their moonshot to at least try are the same people who out of their own desperation to get there still vote for neoliberals.

Anyone I know that has made the top 1% or the top 5% or even the top 10% of society relied upon a moon shot, whether that is my familial acquaintance with Richard Norton (the actor/stunt double) who was in the right place to be a bodyguard to the rich and famous in Hollywood at the peak of the martial arts boom of the 1970s… or my relationship with a big whig who happens to work with Hitachi now but bought Apple shares in 1997. Or whether its my friend who works with Oracle and gets flown around the world for fun with their life payed for on a stipend by Oracle… All of these people were in the right place at the right time. They made a moonshot to go for it all.

People don’t become part of the elite as a generalisation and the rest are people who aren’t intelligent enough to understand they’re being sold bullshit. This is why, it’s either the people who want to believe in miracles that they will be elite one day, or the people who are too stupid to be able to read a scientific journal and understand the big words in it.

It may be cynical but its the truth. The average person who is a wage earner will make their first million in assets by the age of about 60-65. That’s the truth of the average wage earner and that’s assets, which is different to cash flow, or revenue and yet people will vote in such a way that they believe they can become a miracle through wage earning or they’re too stupid to understand that climate change is real.

In a nutshell its greed or stupidity and sometimes both.

1 Like