iPhone 6 Plus Car Mount

What do you do when your shiny new phone doesn’t fit the cradle in your car anymore and no one makes a new one just yet? Simple, take to it with a dremel and a drill add a $12 Supercheap Auto generic phone mount…let the magic happen…
then BAM! problem solved.

It’s not exactly one handed to get on and off and I’m not sure how it will hold up to actual driving conditions just yet. But until I get make, modify or buy something better it will do nicely.

Sir Jonathan Ive (or Marc Newson, for that matter) couldn’t have designed something better :smile:

Nicely done. I picked up an iOttie Easy Flex 3 today and it’s great. Juuuuuuuust fits a Plus with an Apple leather case :slight_smile:

That iOttie looks alright, but I much prefer something hard mounted rather than stuck on the windscreen, although in my case that’s more about windscreen space than anything else. I’m in a Golf Cabriolet and sticking anything to the windscreen seriously compromises you seeing out.

In my Wife’s Van you can put a 7" tablet up and it’s all good because the screen is huuuuuuge and there is plenty of A pillar to hide it against.

I’ve got a 6 Plus and my current suction cup mount just can’t handle the big boy phone. I’m thinking of grabbing two of these RAM Mounts: - YouTube (one for my car, one for my sister’s car that I drive often).

Heard a lot of good stuff about the robustness of their suction cup mounts. They’re up on eBay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RAM-Mount-Samsung-Note-2-3-Car-suction-mount-Universal-X-Grip-Cradle-holder-/141385948266?pt=AU_GPS_Accessories&hash=item20eb425c6a - $75 ea tho, hmmm.

There’s a few bricks and mortar retailers for those. From memory there’s one in St Kilda called Johnny Appleseed.