iPhone SE 4 thread

https://9to5mac.com/2023/02/27/iphone-se-4-development-screen-features/

I have to say I’m looking forward to this, since I retired I don’t get a work phone (which was always an Apple) and finding over a thousand dollars to update to even an iPhone 14 would stretch my budget (I’m a self funded retiree but on a limited income).

Currently running an iPhone 12 (which is still working ok) but battery health is down to 82% so not a lot to spare before I hit the ‘magic’ 80% mark hence I’m putting my hopes on the new SE4 when it arrives.

Prior to the 12 I used an iPhone Xr which I was happy with (I don’t do much phone photography I’ve got traditional cameras for that) and the single lens was fine for the occasional casual photo.

The current SE suffers from having too small a screen (yes I can hear the iPhone Mini/small iPhone crowd screaming at me) and the bezels are huge for a 2023 phone so that’s not an option for me.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the new SE4 retain a single lens camera setup, both to reduce manufacturing cost and to differentiate it from the base iPhone 15 (when it eventually arrives) but as withe the Xr that won’t be an issue for me.

I realize a lot of the discussion is around the Pro and Pro Max phones (and they’re great) but I thought the humble SE series deserved their own topic.

So if anyone has any thoughts please comment :slight_smile:

The only experience I have with an SE is that my daughter had one a few years ago. Not exactly sure which model. Anyway, it was a heap of junk. Was replaced once or twice & still never worked properly. I have an XR which replaced a 6S.

I’m not buying any (or as little as possible) new Apple stuff anymore. My M1 Mac mini, which I bought 2nd hand just over a year ago, does everything I want at top speed. I’ll probably start looking for a 2nd hand M2 around the end of the year. I’ll probably start looking for a 2nd hand iPhone 12 or 13 then also.

1 Like

Might be best just getting an Apple battery replacement for $145

That’s my backup plan if the iPhone SE doesn’t get released (or if the battery dies too much before it’s released) but I’d prefer to update to a later chipset if possible.