Poll: What storage size iPhone will you buy? (if available)

• 16GB
  • 32GB
  • 64GB
  • 128GB

I myself am keen to get 128GB because currently I have a 64GB iPhone 5S and at this moment I only have just under 10GB spare. I am one of those people who must have their entire music collection with them wherever they go so, choosing what music to sync is not an option for me, and I tend to have a large assortment of apps as well as all of the photos and videos I take. Though we all use our iPhones differently, so i’d be interested to know what storage size you will go for and why.

I voted for 16GB. It has always been enough for me since pretty much everything I do on it is cloud based, with the exception of the apps. I don’t store music and I very rarely put games on it and I’ve found those two things are the biggest space users.

Probably 64GB. It already stores the vast majority of my music library that I listen to on a regular basis, and I don’t see the need for more storage.

What do you reckon are the odds that they will make a 128GB model? wishful thinking on my part to some extent but, it seems like a decent possibility

I’m finding 64GB is plenty, especially now that I’m using Spotify rather than syncing music.

I use Spotify myself and Beats Music on the odd occasion so I can appreciate the convenience, only thing is for me is that its always (almost) reliant on internet and as such it decreases battery life worse than it already is, and uses up my data when I’m out and about as when I’m commuting or shopping is when I listen to music most. In my personal experience thats how its gone for me anyways.

I manage to get by with 32gb on the phone pretty easily. I can’t imagine filling 64gb on the phone.

Most of my music is in Spotify, not local memory. And other than the ones I shoot with the phone there’s no videos on it either.

32GB has done me well since my very first iPhone. I only store music on it, so it’s more than enough. If I need to listen to anything else, Spotify comes in.

I’ve got the 64 and Its great to take away with kids pack the ATV and an express and bang all the kids favourite TV shows to keep them occupied !

I think it depends on the price. If you were getting one on contract and it only cost a few more bucks a month, then I think 128GB is a no brainer. I really don’t need my entire music library with me though with that size I’d be able to and still have plenty of room to spare for everything else.

If they price it outright the same way they price the iPad, it’s very shrewdly done. 16 isn’t enough for most… 32 costs a lot more, but then for not much more you get 64, and if you’re getting 64 you might as well get 128. I’d imagine I’m not the only one to go through that thought process.

With the first iPad I had 64 but it was way to much. My next iPad was the iPad 3 and I only got 32, which was fine, and then my mini was the same. I foresee my next iPad being the same capacity.

1 Like

I get by on 32GB, I can’t justify the 64GB and 128GB is way too much for 90% of the time in my opinion.

To save space I heavily utilise smart playlists to automatically sync a fresh load of songs across once a week, keeping most or all of those that are in a particular other playlist such as recently played AND recently added or in one of many manually created playlists in a particular folder. It means I have about 8GB of music on my iPhone that I actually may want to listen to, the other 40-odd-GB just lives on the computer leaving room for photos and Apps.

With Apple pushing for their streaming service I can’t see them increasing the size to 128GB even though it is possible and not much more expensive for them.

For me the issue with streaming is data, if I streamed all the music that I normally listen to, it would cost me several hundred dollars in the very least in excess data charges. I thought about the syncing playlists thing but, I never know what I’m gonna feel like listening to so I have to have it all with me. If the telcos were a lot more generous with their data and nicer with their excess data usage charges, it would be something I’d consider.

Each to their own, I’m the same with streaming, well, sort of, for me the issue is connectivity as well as data usage because I listen to minimum of 2 hours of music a day while in the car and the coverage isn’t consistent enough to stream the whole time.

I was the same with the smart playlists but there have only been a handful of times where I’ve wanted a particular song or album and I just end up playing it on YouTube or Spotify.

Yeah each to their own for sure, everyones different. It would be easier for me if my music listening habits weren’t so unpredictable, ill be out somewhere and all of a sudden ill want to listen to an album i haven’t bothered listening to in a year.

I used to fill up a 32GB pretty regularly so switched to the 64GB when it became available. I have come close on a few occasions but 64GB seems to be a pretty sweet spot for me.