The new iOS 16!

Well, it’s officially here - what’s everyone’s thoughts and impressions so far?

I’ve been at a training course all day so finally installing it now - very unusual for me, I’ve normally got it installed before I go to work!

Not here. All my devices are listed as compatible but only 5.7 available

I’ve installed it on my iPhone 13 Pro Max without any issues I’ve noticed.

The search box on the home screen annoys me since you can just swipe down to get that functionality, but you can turn that off so it’s gone now :stuck_out_tongue: The new font on the clock is also just different so stands out. On a side note, I do wonder if there is actually any hardware reason that the 13 Pro range couldn’t do an always on screen… or if it’s just a software limitation to encourage the new phones (something I am considering :stuck_out_tongue: ).

The new notifications coming from the bottom (stack) are weird to me, but you can switch that back to a list view, also done.

CarPlay seems to work fine in my Wifes 2020 Mazda CX-8 (wired) and with my Wireless Maxca headunit (random Chinese unit) although I’ve only had limited time in the cars, but it basically looks and works just like it did before to me.

I’ll wait for 16.1 but I did upgrade my XS to 15.7.

Ahhh. now its available but not mandatory. Think I’ll wait a while, apparently there are issues with the LibreLink and the sensor (diabetes)