Twitter app recommendations — having issues with Tweetbot

I am (looking at) starting to use Twitter again related to work, after a couple year hiatus

I downloaded Tweetbot (and paid for the subscription). Unfortunately, I am unable to add a second account — which is part of why I wanted to use Tweetbot (it was also my goto app a few years back). Overall, I want a simple reverse chronological timeline.

I have tried to add the account across several weeks, and always receive “the account being added is already logged in”. I then receive an error message or spinning wheel…

Anyone managed to get past these issues, or have another recommendation for an app?

[I haven’t tried removing the working account in Tweetbot, in part as I am concerned I won’t be able to get it (any account) working after that.]

Thx

Quick update. I installed Tweebot on my Phone, added my second account (only that account), then went back onto my iPad and was able to add this account.

Didn’t do anything different, but it worked this time. Might have been because I had earlier de-authorised Tweetbot??

(Rather than delete OP, leaving as it might help someone else)

1 Like

TBH I just use the basic twitter app. Haven’t had Tweetbot since V3 and actually found it too much for my needs. I mostly read, rather than post

I have not been able to see the value in Twitter. People say it is good for breaking news. However, when I try to follow breaking news, finding substance in amongst the dross is akin to needles and haystacks. In general, it seems to be like a discussion board, but with no structure at all. All topics just mixed in together.

1 Like