Airpods - Who's keen?

As the ubiquitous ‘late October’ rolls around, how many of you are going to be jumping on the Airpod bandwagon? I’m keen to give them a crack as they seem to be the only truly non-awful truly wireless earbuds going around at the moment.

Who else will be grabbing a pair to try?

I’m hoping Apple will keep some around in store to try. If they don’t fit any better than EarPods then I’m not interested.

1 Like

I’m definitely going to get myself a pair on day one, assuming there will be enough stock.

I’ve also heard that you’ll be able to customise the ‘tap’ commands. For example, one tap to play and pause, two taps two skip song and three taps to go back. Though this could be someone’s assumption, but I guess we will find out.

1 Like

I hope this is the case, as using Siri for everything would annoy me to no end (I hardly use her on my phone).

I’m watching with interest, definitely keen but concerned about the fit/comfort.

I’m really curious to try them, but I’ve got various headphones (both Bluetooth and non) coming out of my ears (pardon the pun) so have no intention of actually buying them.

Whats a word for ‘anti-keen’? :wink:

1 Like

Sans-keen.

Keen-less.

Keen Inversion.

1 Like

I’m neek (the reverse of keen). Don’t think I’ll get a pair.

I am VERY keen. Will be buying as soon as they are available. Still no date huh?

I hate listening to music or podcasts in the house with wires. Gets caught on things ALL the time when I’m emptying dishwasher or cooking. :slight_smile: I just hope they add support for the seamless iCloud pairing transfer to the Apple TV as well at some point! Then they’d be perfect!

I think I would be very keen, I am fascinated by the technology built into them, but I am put off by the price. So no sale.

I’ll be getting a pair. I like the ability to be able to charge on the go.

With the problems I started to experience with my Jaybirds, I don’t want to be without a set of earphones with a charge, so like the idea of being able to pop them into the charging case whilst on the move to get charge. The ability to listen to one Airpod is also a plus (as I often only use one of my current earphones), and have the other hanging loose so I can listen to traffic and my surroundings.

Lack of proper controls to skip songs is a bummer though. I do hope that the customisation to the AirPods comes at some stage, but as far as I am aware, that’s just wishful thinking.

I can find better ways of spending AU $229

2 Likes

You know, the charging case would be better if it was waterproof. My son is always leaving his EarPods in his pants pocket and it ends in the wash. I buy cheap EarPods from shopping square.

Am keen to try out a pair, as all reviews I have read are very positive butI think these will be in short supply for a while. Imagine a lot of people will be getting these for Christmas.
Has anyone heard how waterproof they are? As would like to wear one cycling, but don’t want the rain killing them.

I’d be incredibly worried that while cycling, one would fall out. Unless you’re going to wear a headband or something to keep them stuck in your ears.

Honestly I can’t wait for the real world reviews of these. Either they’re going to shock us all and be a roaring success, or all the problems people keep predicting might happen, will happen. But for the price you’re paying, I would almost certainly go with another brand of wireless headphone.

I predict a roaring success. Didn’t hear a single negative review, and the only mild complaints I heard were from people who can’t wear any ear buds…

I’ll be interested to see the real world performance of these too. The many positive reviews I’ve seen of them have been from journos at the keynote with limited time and limited environmental factors.

I’ll probably still grab a pair for shits n giggles, they can be as hard to come by as Jet Black iPhone 7 plusses right?

I’m wondering what kind of launch it’ll be… i.e. will they just appear in the store at some point I wonder?

I reckon we’ll get a date but no fanfare at the upcoming event on the 27th.