Apple Pay (Wallet)

I use Stocard for just this purpose :slight_smile: It works fine for loyalty cards that use barcodes.

I use that for my Village Cinema membership, but because we donā€™t have Apple Pay, I have to manually open the wallet app on my ļ£æWatch.

Itā€™s not a HUGE deal but, double tapping the side button to access any of your various memberships and bank cards is so much better

1 Like

So I found an article with more info on what you had found out, check this out:

I suggest anyone here with an ANZ card gives this a try, and let us know if anything at all happens.

I donā€™t especially want to go to ANZ but I will if I have to.

Hopefully this leak means that all the major banks will jump on, but same as you if itā€™s just ANZ, Iā€™ll open an account with them specifically for spending

Didnā€™t work for me with an ANZ issued MasterCard :frowning:

Apparently at least in some of the cases, it was Canadians who entered in the details.

So, if you change your account to Canada temporarily, it might repeat. If you can be bothered going to all that effort.

Also, in the cases where people got texts and emails, they still werenā€™t actually able to add it and still got the rejection. So you might receive the text and email in a bit.

Thatā€™s pretty similar to what happened when people tried to add an Amex before the official date. Emails and messages but couldnā€™t actually add the card. Judging by that itā€™s probably soon.

Just applied for an ANZ debit card account, just in case.

Really? That gives me more hope then, yeah good plan, I reckon at this rate we will have it mid year at the latest.

I tried with ANZ Frequent Flyer Black AMEX and it failed too. Back to my Qantas Discovery (issued by AMEX) it is.

Would it be theoretically possible for you to change your iTunes account region to Canada and then try registering again? Thatā€™s how it was done in that article, someone in Canada tried to add their Australian friends card

I think by ā€œChange to Canadaā€ they just mean the region on your phone.

Yes, the region of the phone depends on the details in the iTunes account

What?

You can technically change the region there but Iā€™m assuming that for Apple Pay to act as if itā€™s in Canada, the account itself would have to be changed to Canadian. Similar to what we do when we want to download an app from the American App Store

Nope. You can add a US card in Australia if you have one. Itā€™s got nothing to do with the iTunes account.

Well Iā€™m not 100% on it but thereā€™s some reason that a person in Canada was able to add an Australian bank card (or try to) and then get the text and email. So anything is worth trying, something caused it to trigger them.

Edit: Grammar/Spelling

Iā€™ve been reading around a bit and apparently American Express support for Apple Pay in Australia was announced at the apple quarterly earnings and the next quarterly earnings report is happening on 25th April, fingers crossed it gets announced then

I just tried to add my ANZ issued AMEX using both Australia and Canada as the region but no luck.