First new iPhone ever!

I got my first brand new iPhone today! An iPhone SE 64GB in Gold. I feel a bit guilty as my iPhone 5 still runs well, but I A) I wanted to go onto a plan, so I thought I may as well go for a phone as well and it has worked out at a saving of about $250 over going outright. I’m quite happy with it, though have to put it on 10 (After months of beta testing 10, going back to 9 on a phone is super weird!).

I think its the battery improvements that I’m looking forward to the most! Or not having to delete apps to take photos, and delete photos to download apps, or just deleting everything to update.

4 Likes

Congratulations! They look like an awesome handset, all of the value, not so much of the cost. Definitely a good deal!

Congrats on the purchase. I still wish I had made that decision myself. I find that I am not using the 6S features that arent on the SE, so I would not have missed much at all. That said, I’m getting used to the larger screen, to a degree, but still hanker for pocketable onehandeness.

Hell has frozen over! And what’s that up there, oh my word, it’s a flying pig :astonished:

1 Like

Time to change your username to NewPhones!

I’m considering an SE for my wife who has never had a new iPhone before, only my hand-me-downs.

I have finally had my 6 replaced by Apple under warranty and this has resolved the issues I had with the touch screen and home button/finger print reader so a happy camper at the moment and the 7 simply doesn’t (in my mind) have any must have features to make me want to update - I’ll wait till next year with the 10th anniversary addition - iPhone X anyone?

1 Like

My excitement may be short lived. Had to restart the phone when I put a new sim in and the display went flickery and remained so…

Yes but it means another damn store visit and I just don’t have time for that!

Yes you do, if you want the phone to be a pleasant experience.

I truly don’t :frowning:

Got a family member in hospital, another very sick and a new full time job so I don’t have any time :o

Oh I am sorry to hear that. The next thing is to ring them and explain, I believe they have a pickup and return service when your phone has karked?

Gotta take it to Optus within 30 days. I’’ wondering if I have a software issue. The flicker went away after a few minutes and only appeared when I force restarted the phone… mmm.

Have you tried a full restore and start over (ie dont use backup from your 5)… maybe theres some cruft in there

I would but I have 5 years of SMS/iMessage history that I don’t want to loose!

Get a backup app. I have Phoneview, but there are others. You can save out all your stuff and then put it back later. TBH I never save my messages. Cant see the point. But, I guess thats replaced email for many people.

Didn’t know that you could individually back up and restore messages! You live and learn.

My favourite new iPhone feature: Touch ID - ITS SO GOOD! I don’t have to press any buttons, just pick up the phone and rest finger on the home button and I’m in. Equal favourite = battery life (so much better than iPhone 5) and lastly probably the ram keeping things open in memory.

Funnily enough I thought the SE would make my iPad 2 feel unbearable, but I’m still fine with it! Maybe I can stretch out till 2018 for a new iPad :smiley:

I don’t think you can…

Welcome to 2013. :wink: Hehe. But seriously - glad you’re loving the SE. I love mine too! Battery life is great with the small screen. :slight_smile:

I have been successful in modifying a backup and inserting message history in, but never in inserting texts into a phone… Though I did transfer messages from my sister’s android to her hand me down iPhone 4 lsat year…