iPhone 6s/6s Plus Preorders

Still waiting for delivery here

Yay just got itUploading...

1 Like

The iPhone is really nice, but I have noticed that it is noticeably heavier. I know that there is only a 14g difference between the 6 and 6s, but you definitely notice it when you pick it up.

I also have the original Apple Leather Case, and it is also noticeably tighter when used on the 6s. Otherwise the general look and feel is identical to my 6. Perhaps I should have gone for a different colour so I really get the ‘new iPhone’ feel.

Mine seems to fit just the same, oddly. But it definitely feels heavier than the 6 Plus did.

I used to be able to take the case off and on my 6 with ease. It took a bit of effort to get the case on and off my 6s though.

Not a big deal really as I don’t swap SIMs that often.

It would be nice to get a new case, but not fo $69. The new colour coded docks were nice though! Very tempted by those, but I already have the Twelve South Hi Rise for my iPhone as well as a Fuz Dock so can’t really justify another dock.

Only olive brown leather available for 6… But $29 is a bargain!

:smiley:

1 Like

Very jealous! Looking forward to getting mine next month when my ‘New Phone Feeling’ kicks into gear!

Even though my wife was home TNT didn’t appear to ring the doorbell or knock. I got the dreaded SMS saying the iPhones were undelivered but we could not find a calling card. I did get a text that the phones are now at a local depot for pickup so will do that tomorrow.

TNT (and StarTrack) do that all the time. When they are busy they don’t even bother to attempt a delivery.

That’s one of the reasons why I opted to do the in store reservation as it’s happened to me too many times.

I always try to complain, but TNT don’t really care. They still get paid for the delivery even though you end up having to pick up the item yourself.

1 Like

Mine was delivered round lunchtime. The TNT person said they wrere not allowed to deliver prior to 8am, or they wouldn’t get paid for the delivery.

I got sick of stressing out over waiting for the delivery driver, waiting at home etc (no work delivery for me) and really put me off buying from Apple as a result, so the last few years I have been using the TNT Depot Address in Canberra. They hold it for you, call you (usually first thing, around 7:30-8:00) and you go collect at your leisure. Works well for everyone.
Yesterday they called me at 8:01, last year I picked it up before 8.

ACT is small so very easy, might not be so good in the larger cities, but food for thought.

1 Like

I managed to pick the iPhones up just now from the local TNT depot which was a local newsagent. So it wasn’t that bad. Will set up tonight.

I walked into the local Harvey Norman to look at something else this afternoon and figured I’d ask the question…
64GB iPhone 6S in Gold for the Wfie. Done. Too Easy.

I would have preferred getting it from the Apple Store, but for pure convenience I can’t complain!

Wow it takes ages to backup and restore - I forgot how long it takes… still waiting after 2 hours…

Mine came about 9:30am on Friday via StarTrack. Then I went to the local Telstra store which was empty. Not one person in there and was able to get a rose gold iPhone for my girlfriend.

1 Like

Gotta wonder if the prices are scaring people off this year? I know I’m holding out on upgrading my 128GB 6 Plus (first time in forever) because I can’t quite justify the price for the upgrades I’d get.

The prices have gone up, but that’s because of our poor dollar.

I’m not sure holding out is a good idea if you actually intend on purchasing. The analysts are all predicting the strength of the dollar to get worse rather than get better which is only going to make the prices of imported products even worse. Unfortunately (for the consumer of imported goods), the days of parity to the USD are long gone.

Well I managed to get a better deal from Telstra - $109 for 7gb data and unlimited everything, saving $26 off their standard plan. Just asked them if I can move to a BYO plan but still pay off the iPhone in instalments. I currently have a 2.5gb data limit for $92 and always go over and have to spend $10 (and sometimes $20 for 2gb extra), so I figure I’ll have heaps of extra data and less to spend overall.

I factored in the resale of my (perfect condition) 6 Plus into the purchase decision of 6S Plus. My brother has expressed an interest in buying it.

I don’t really want to take money from him over it. Guess I’ll weigh up my finances over the next week but dare say if he wants it he’ll end up getting it.

1 Like

Mine arrived today, now backing up to iCloud on my 6 Plus.

My god iCloud backup is a terrible experience.