The new Apple TV

I’ll get to the bottom of this sooner or later.

https://medium.com/@angusgibbins/the-case-for-the-64-gb-apple-tv-1ccc7a752dd4#.14gy8aapg

2 Likes

Not on sale yet… hmmm…

October 26 in the US, not here. We will have to wait til at least opening time over there. also, its only for pre-orders. Sales are from Friday, I think.

I read the documents at the apple developer site. After reading them, I’m with you, there is no case for 64GB…at least no obvious case. The best I can come up with is it allows more stuff to sit as cache before being deleted…if that’s even possible. I’m getting 32GB.

2 Likes

The only other use case I could think of is maybe a household with 2 parents, 3-4 kids, all of them heavy Apple TV users (add in the slumber parties on the weekends).

Obviously I don’t mind that the 64 GB model exists (trying to figure it out is a huge FWP), I’m just scratching my head a lot as to why. “MOAR CONTENT” isn’t the answer.

And ordered. 32gb for me. Curse the state of the AUD!

$269, Ouch. I’m holding off for a couple of weeks (spent a bit of money over the weekend)

Yeah luckily I’d just sold my Roku 3 and an ATV 2… Still fell a bit short though!

Tempting but $269 is pricey for a video streaming device. I can get Roko 2 from Telstra for $109 or a gen 3 Apple TV for about the same price.

Maybe when my iPhone sells (on eBay) over the weekend.

LOL

1 Like

lord jesus I was expecting $269 for the 64gb model

2 Likes

$19 for a piece of string that should be included. I’m starting to feel like Apple only loves me for my money…

1 Like

It’s magical

1 Like

I’m going to bed. I’ve got the strops. :rage:

1 Like

Preordered the 64 gb. Will be selling my ATV3 if anyone’s interested.

About to preorder but unsure if I should sell either my first born or a kidney to get a 64gb model.

2 Likes

I will not be preordering. I will not be buying if thats how its to be. $269? Ridiculous. I’ll have to make do with my ATV 2 and 3

I was going to get one, but at that price I can wait. A long time. Should be nearly half that price.

Bought the 64GB model, but $349 was a bit more than I was expecting. I though the 64Gb would be $319 here.

I guess Apple have priced in the expectation that the AUD is going to continue it’s decline over the next few months.