iPhone 12 Preorder thread 2020

Courage

2 Likes

No, just AppleCare+ :joy:

Any word on the iPhone 12 Mini or Pro Max releases?

Apple are listing them as “Pre-order iPhone 12 mini starting at 12:00 am AEDT on 7/11”, although I haven’t seen anything from the carriers yet (unless I’m going totally blind). I trust something will come out before Saturday so I’m not left sitting up until midnight (if it doesn’t happen) to place an order for what I think will be a hotly contested little device (the mini that is).

I don’t expect anything earth shattering, it will be RRP / xx months (I do really like that the big three all offer 12 month options).

Ooops!

Thanks for reminding me (heads over to Apple AU to buy).

Is the iPhone Pro 12 Max coming out Friday midnight or Saturday midnight?

Gentle reminder you can get an extra 60 days warranty on your device if you’re willing to go without AC+ coverage for the first 60 days. Might mean something to you, might not.

Thanks for the heads up but I’m not even organized enough to remember to buy Applecare+ without a reminder so if I leave it until later I’d probably forget all together :laughing:

12am on Saturday morning. For me it’ll be 11:30pm on Friday night here in Adelaide.

Looking at graphite 12 Pro Max.

I also don’t do cases. I like the naked look. I especially hate those bulky cases.

I did order a knockoff MagSafe wallet from eBay. Thought I’d try one for cheap in case they’re rubbish.

I think you can try out the official case for 14 days? You can always return it if you don’t like it :slight_smile: (never done it myself, but I hate the exposed bottom of the official cases).

I like my naked iphone 11 pro now but still put on a case when I head out. Contemplating whether I should order the dbrand skin, hoping for a sale soon lol.

In just a few hours from now

Edit: I apparently have no concept of time

I have an iPhone XS 256GB on lease with Telstra. For a number of reasons, I really don’t want to upgrade: the stupid notch, no Touch ID (in-screen or side button), no 120MHz, no USB-C, don’t care about 5G. Other than going from a 5.8" to a 6.1" device, there is no compelling reason for my to upgrade.

So what I plan to do is keep the XS (I think I have by May 2021 I will be forced to buy it-out at Telstra’s market price), but I will downgrade my current $80 plan to $65.

Then most likely upgrade next year.

Tonight midnight

1 Like

Someone looking to get the Max tonight noticed this on the Telstra website

Oversight? Or delay? Hopefully the former.

I think Optus went live at least a few minutes before 12:00. I logged into my account ready to go at 11:55 and it let me place an order. A green 128GB mini for my Wife, temporary order number received via email too… so I suppose we wait and see.

That was very painless.

Ok just ordered a 12 Pro Max Pacific Blue.

The Apple Store app on the iPhone came live first. The website is still not live yet.

2 Likes

I bit the bullet after saying I wouldn’t and ordered the 12 Pro Max via the Apple Store app at about 12:05am. It delivers on Friday, despite ANZ deciding the transaction was fraud and blocking it.

3 Likes

There seems to be a bit of that going around :laughing:

3 Likes

Ordered iPhone 12 Pro Max in graphite. Pick Up next Friday morning.

The app seems to always go live before the website every year I’ve done it. Got my about 11:35pm here in Adelaide.

2 Likes

I changed my mind at the last minute and went for a 12 mini in Green! Just for something completely different!

4 Likes

I just ordered a black 12 mini. I was tempted by the blue, but would really have needed to see it first and that’s out of the question at the moment.

They seem to be getting some good reviews. Gruber’s a fan:

Hope it’s still practical to use one of these new fangled glass-backed jiggers without a case. My never-encased original SE is 4.5 years old now and still looks good.