iPhone 12 Preorder thread 2020

Ordered iPhone 12 Pro Max in graphite. Pick Up next Friday morning.

The app seems to always go live before the website every year I’ve done it. Got my about 11:35pm here in Adelaide.

2 Likes

I changed my mind at the last minute and went for a 12 mini in Green! Just for something completely different!

4 Likes

I just ordered a black 12 mini. I was tempted by the blue, but would really have needed to see it first and that’s out of the question at the moment.

They seem to be getting some good reviews. Gruber’s a fan:

Hope it’s still practical to use one of these new fangled glass-backed jiggers without a case. My never-encased original SE is 4.5 years old now and still looks good.

Preordered a 12 Pro Max Pacific Blue Instore with Telstra yesterday. I’ll be interested to see when I am able to pick it up as the chick who was helping me said they had been receiving almost daily deliveries of the Mini and Pro Max.

2 Likes

That’s good to know - I’m going to a Telstra store shortly to try and pick up one, as Telstra stuffed up my preorder online and are sending me the wrong colour today.

Damn, that sucks. Good luck!

1 Like

My Apple ordered one from last week just got delivered. At least it came on time!

The case came a couple of days ago too, so that’s at least not late.

My mag safe charger finally arrived.

I just ordered … nothing. I’m waiting till next year.

Me too but mainly because I have to. Financial challenges!

1 Like

Optus delivered my Wife’s iPhone 12 Mini in green earlier today so it was ready when she came home so she is currently transferring stuff from the XS to the 12 Mini. This is the first phone in a long time she is actually excited by! She’s loving the smaller size (although hasn’t really used it yet) as well as the colour.

So I’m in the good books… at least for today :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Anyone with an iPhone 12 and Vodafone getting a 5G symbol at the top right?

Mine says 5G but I know Vodafone haven’t rolled it out yet. Also the speedtest results are terrible even for 4G. Just got 14.4 Mbps.

I’ve got an iPhone 12 and I’m with Vodafone but mine shows 4G with the wifi off and the wifi curved signal bars with the wifi on (no Vodafine 5G here yet either).

It’s very odd Geoff twice in the past few days my iPhone says 5G. It prompted me to test on the Speedtest app hence the appalling speeds. What makes it worse is my partner has an iPhone XR with Telstra and he’s getting 235 Mbps on 4G :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I was getting 115 last week on 4G with Vodafone but I just tested and got 147 down and 15 up. It’s very location dependent though, a few km down the road near the mall and I only get about 20.

Just a thought, I know you’re not in a 5G area but are you in a metro area? I was wondering if your phone was picking up a weak 5G signal from a distant tower, trying to connect and failing?

I am in a metro area. I’m about 3km from the centre of Adelaide.

I’ll try and test it in other areas of the city and see.

Just received my ‘gold brick’, love it! Go bling!

1 Like

My Mini arrived today also. It seems very big. I’m sure I will adjust.

The unboxing experience continues to impress. I know some hate the obsession with detail and some don’t care, but I just love how they do that shit. The little bit of cardboard that holds the cable is beautiful. And it now comes without any glue or anything else that will interfere with recycling.

1 Like

Had a look at my colleague’s blue 12 Pro Max. My God it’s big! Phone, AppleCare, case, protector, cost him over $2700, his left arm and his first-born child.

3 Likes

My 12 Pro arrived end of last week.
Took almost 6 weeks from Voda. Didn’t come with a sim so just activated the e-Sim (gotta love that feature.
Have not got a case on it atm. Loving the Blue colour.

Kinda wish someone would release the original Apple bumpers again.

After all the 12 is basically the same kind of design as the 4 and these cases were great (and will work with Magsafe and the Wallet too).

2 Likes