iOS 10 - The New Shiny

Pretty good actually. If I hadn’t installed IOS10 on the ipad4 I was going to have to do a restore as i was having trouble with the password screen locking up and not letting me enter the password. Maybe the backup problem was a corrupted software glitch in ios9. The trouble seems to have gone now.

I did a complete download and install via iTunes. Overall very happy with the upgrade, although my iPhone 6S seems to have a lot more fun with features and making me think I need to convince work it is time for an upgrade when the new iPad Pro comes out.

iOS 10 seems stable on all of my devices and they’ve all got touch ID but I still haven’t gotten used to using touch ID (because I always used swipe to open) so that’s a minor annoyance at the moment but I expect I’ll adjust eventually.

This app has been updated and now works perfectly with my fairly large dataset. :+1:
Imports everything that Apple Health can export.

1 Like

The Camera bug is driving my slowly batty. As is the battery. I can’t believe out of all the iOS 10 betas, it is the second version of the final release that I run into issues with.

Whats the camera bug? All seems OK on my 6S

I’ve got over the differences. I must admit that I was a bit annoyed at being forced to update for my new Apple watch, the app refused to install on 9.3.5. But, having done that, I’m getting used to the differences, except I still absolutely HATE the changes that Apple wrought on the Health app. My doctor and I both preferred the previous display method, where a summary was presented when you first open the app. Not just one bloody day. Whats the point of that???

Where you open the camera and you can’4 use it. Others on here have had it, so has my dad on his SE.

Oh. Thats never happened to me. Is it only under some circumstances? Or does it happen all the time?

Its random - probably happens 40 percent of the time I want to use the camera.

Oh how annoying. Wonder why i havent had it

My bad luck?? I don’t know - I think others on here have had the issue but I’m not sure.

I get it. Known issue on iOS 10 on both 6s+ and 7+. Camera can’t focus. To fix switch to video and back.

Yep that’s exactly what I get except on the SE

Mail messages don’t seem to list in order, it’s hard to find shuffle within music, music generally looks like a high school kid designed it. It might be pretty but it fails being well thought out. Unlocking the thing is a pain, as someone who works with their hands a lot, get a bandaid on your thumb for a day and tell me how much you miss swipe to unlock. No more star ratings throws 10+ years of music library organisation out the window. Brave new world and i’ve now finally graduated to grumbling dinosaur. A benefit of Steve still being around is that being an older dude i doubt he would have let that stuff slide.

1 Like

10.1 fixed the camera issue but it seems battery has gone down the drain? That could just be my imagination though… i’lol leave it a few days

:slight_smile: I am still reluctant to upgrade my iphone 5 to ios 10… In a different thread here I started, you guys seem ok with it but after reading this thread I am not sure! ios 8 or 9 would be nice but a bit fiddly to find and install… Any suggestions would be welcommed. Cheers

[quote=“chocho, post:76, topic:2747”]
Any suggestions would be welcomed[/quote]
Sell the 5, get a 7?

If you don’t mind bit of a performance hit, go to 10. 10 is about the same as 9, but 9 was slower than 8 and 8 was a bit slower than 7. The iPhone 5 runs iOS 10 really well all things considered.

Fatal flaw with Bedtime. I go to bed and wake up on different times to the week and weekend. More often on the weekends I just want to go to bed and wake up on my own accord. Bedtime doesn’t offer this. Trouble is Bedtime works without you having to do anything. All other sleep trackers require activation, which I’m terrible at remembering to do.

Likewise. I’ve bought a couple of watch apps which are supposedly automatic. Sleepwatch seems to work well but concentrates more on time in bed (whether awake or asleep dont matter) but does offer the option to edit times and add sleeps if you forget. The display of results shows a really big graph of time in bed, and a really tiny one of the quality of sleep and its worse than useless for me.

The best sleep tracker I have ever had (and which requires a routine to get it going) is Sleep Cycle. They don’t have a watch app yet but apparently are working on it. Here’s a screenie.

Cant even remember the name of the other one. It was hopeless, didnt even register sleep or being in bed at all.

I’m still using Sleep++ though (when I remember) and a general alarm if I want to wake at a particular time.